This time of year is hectic in Tacoma with all the shopping, baking, and holiday gatherings! If you are having guests over or hosting a holiday party, here are a few cleaning tips to get your home ready.
- Divide the work into daily tasks. Trying to do everything in one marathon clean will be stressful and exhausting. Split up the tasks you do each day, saving the day of for one last sweep through.
- Pick up clutter.Pick up items that don’t belong, Grab a box or laundry bin to fill with any items cluttering your downstairs. Once it is filled you can easily carry the items to the proper place and return them.
- Scrub the bathrooms!Whether your guests will be staying overnight or not, having a shining bathroom is important. Clean the toilets, clear out clutter from the counters, scrub the tub and shower, wash the mirror and empty garbage cans.
- Straighten up the entryway and coat closet. Make space for your guests coats and bring down a few extra hangers. If you want guests to remove their shoes, have a space by the door. Wash or vacuum your area and throw rugs.
- Vacuum the carpets and wash floors. This is typically one of the last tasks as you want it to be freshly done. With kids, pets, and the cooking that goes on before a party, crumbs, pet hair and dirt can pile up! Sweep your kitchen floors, vacuum, and wash your wood floors.
- Clean the kitchen. No one wants to see your pile of dirty dishes in the sink! Load and run the dishwasher, clean out the fridge, wipe down the counters and appliances and empty recycling and garbage cans.
These are just a few tasks to get you started on your cleaning routine, but it will make preparing for visitors to your Puyallup home a breeze. On the day of the party, dust and wipe surfaces and refresh the work you have already done! Enlist your family for an even quicker cleaning touch-up. After your party, clean up may be daunting. Our Lakewood area carpet cleaners can help remove dirt, crumbs, dust, and any stains from your event. Getting your carpet professionally cleaned will allow you to head in to the New Year with a clean home!
We wish you a Happy Holidays!